Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How to take abnormal Christmas tree photos.

Hello!
This is Audrey from The Daily Wyatt. I want to talk to you about how fun it is to take abnormal photos of your Christmas tree.

I have a very small ghetto tree that I have had since I was 18 when I randomly moved out on my own. It was the first tree I ever bought and it has seen better days.

So this year as we set it up (yes before Thanksgiving. I know I know.) I noticed all the icky bare spots, how it tilted and it was just ugly. So when it came to taking the normal pictures of it I wanted to be a little more artistic with it. Give it more life, so I decided to concentrate on just the lights.

2011ourtree2

So I put my camera settings on 0.8 f 5.6 ISO 200 no tripod. As a clicked the shutter instead of holding my camera still I turned it in a circular motion while pointing it towards the tree which made the lights turn into little circles.
 2011ourtree1

It was so simple and the only edits I did was boost the colors to make them a little brighter.
So when your taking pictures of you tree this year try and do something out of the normal. Who knows you might get something amazing.

Audrey from The Daily Wyatt

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is cool! Going to try it when we get a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome--I'll be trying this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love finding new techniques! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, this is the coolest thing I have ever seen! Thanks for stopping by my blog so now I can stay up to date on all your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very cool! You are so clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Thanks for the idea Audrey!

    ReplyDelete

❤ Something lovely to say?